Saturday, May 19, 2012

My perspective






























I have read and watched and pondering and sought and found and studied and dug and taken a good hard look at what exactly is the motivation behind routine genital cutting of infants. I reflected on my own motivations 7 years ago. I found the root of our modern, all too common, version of the procedure. I questioned the necessity. I investigated the risks as well as the benefits. But the scales sink to one side. When choosing to remove something from the most prized, sensitive, life-giving part of another person's body, there had better be a bunch of damn good reasons. Guess what.. sometimes the biggest reason is your own comfort. Which is really no reason at all.

{Know more. Choose Genital Integrity.}  

Protect our boys, just as you protect our girls.

No comments: